Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Get Organized from the Inside Out: Day 8 Creating Your ETA

Intention:  Creating Your ETA
How is it going for you?  Have you achieved your original organizational goal?  Did you move on to another?
Either way, I want to share another valuable tip. 
We already communicated about writing down your goals.  But, did we talk about where and how to write them down?  
The how part involves setting some time limits.  We already know about the daily, consistent 15-minute organizing moments.  But, did you plan an ETA, i.e., your estimated time of arrival at that powerful place of organization?  Be it inner or outer organization, it helps to see a place in time when you have arrived.
To help keep it motivational, think of it as the time you get to celebrate. 
Conscious Questions-to-Self
  • What's the most energizing time of day for me to focus my organizing actions?
  • How many days of focused action will it take me to accomplish my goal?
  • When will I check-in to see how I'm doing with my timeline?
  • Have I planned a half-way celebration?
Tips on focused action:
  • Pick a date that gives you some wiggle room - it's more joyful to arrive early than late
  • Set a time limit for how long you will forge ahead before asking for help
  • Place these dates in your calendar WITH REMINDERS - start, check-in, half-way, and celebration dates
Affirmation:
I will arrive at my destiny-ation with joy and energy.
 I am honored to be your success partner,


Karen McMillan, ACC
The Conscious Leadership and Retreat Coach
karen@kdmcmillan.com  

If you have just joined us and would like to catch up on the beginning and meaning of this challenge....CLICK HERE 

No comments:

Post a Comment